Thursday, August 6, 2020

GNS Interview with Member of Proserpina Mission Team

GlobalNewsService: We Interview today Dr. Winifred Harris of the US, who is part of the United Nations Space Agency mission to newly discovered planet Proserpina.  How are you today, Dr. Harris?

WH I'm doing fine, thank you for asking.

GNS:  Now you are doing some heavy weight training for the mission, is that right?

WH:  Yes, we all are.  As you may or may not know, this planet has 5 times the gravity of Earth,  so we have to be able to work in that higher gravity.  

GNS:  It’s because Proserpina has 5 times the mass of Earth, is that right?

WH:  Yes.  We were afraid it was going to be even more, up to 10 times, but apparently, the former inhabitants took enough heavy metals out of the ground that the mass shrank by half.  

GNS:  “Inhabitants”  You mean to say Proserpina was inhabited by an intelligent race before?

WH”  Well, I don’t know how intelligent they are.  They did, after all, deplete their world of heavy metals. (chuckles)

GNS:  (chuckles as well)  We’ll  talk more  about Proserpina in a little bit.  But first we’re anxious to learn a bit about you, personally.  Where did you grow up and get your PhD?

WH: I grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and got my degree in Space Science at the University of Minnesota. 

GNS:  What inspired you to go into Space Science?

WH:  Well, you know my uncle Dr. Rolf Harris, went up to join the settlement on the Moon.  I studied hard, and well, here I am!  

GNS:  You’ve had to go in for a lot of testing and training.

WH:  Yes, they had to be sure our hearts could take the extra mass and gravity.  

GNS:  Quite so, quite so.  Will you be sad to leave Earth behind?

WH:  Not really.  I have no one to keep me here.  I’m an only child and my parents were killed in the caldera quake of 2140 when they were vacationing in Yellowstone.

GNS:  What are your plans for after the mission, should you return?

WH:  I plan on writing a best selling book about the mission, of course.

GNS:  We’ll look forward to reading it, I’m sure.  Tune in next week when we’ll interview Nadyezhka Politakovna PhD, another member of the mission team.   



No comments: