Thursday, October 1, 2020

PNS Interview with Hans Vogel, PhD

 PNS:  Good evening!  This is Rita Trevalyan of the Planetary News Service here with Hans Peter Vogel PhD, a leading exoagronomist and exobotanist, and a member of the Proserpina Exploration Team.  So you are also in Nadyezhka Politovena’s field. Do you ever disagree about things?


Hans Vogel: Nein, nein!  Ve get along perfectly!  Because you see, our fields of expertise do not really overlap zat much.


PNS:  Excellent!  Did you know each other before the team was selected?


Hans Vogel:  Jawohl!  Fery vell!  In fact, I recommended her for vun of za spots on za team.  


PNS:  Interesting!  She didn’t mention this when I interviewed her a few weeks ago.  


Hans Vogel (puts his hand to his mouth):  Oh!  Did I tell a tale out of school?


PNS:  It’s all right.  I can always interview her again.  You and several other members of the team made a trip elsewhere in the temperate zone recently.  How did that go?


Hans Vogel:  Fery vell!  Ve met members of another tribe who had been living in za lava tubes for a very long time.  At first they vere very shy, but zey slowly varmed to us, especially vhen ve told zem about the success Nadyezhka und Onoye vere haffing vith der farming.  Uh oh, I did it again, didn’t I?


PNS:  Yes, I heard that tribe later tried to raid the main tribe’s food stores.


Hans Vogel:  I caused zat, didn’t I?  I haf got to keep my big mouth shut.  


PNS:  It turned out all right, though.  Winifred’s tribe shared with yours.  Apparently all they had to do was ask.  


Hans Vogel:  But I feel bad about zose who got hurt during za raid.  Zat vas my fault.


PNS:  No, it wasn’t.  It was your tribe’s decision to go in there like gang busters and not ask politely for what they needed.  I hope they have learned to behave themselves.  Winifred’s tribe sounds very generous.  


Hans Vogel:Oh, zey are.  Onoye explained it to me.  They use a concept his tribe in Africa have called Unbuntu, vich means community.  Ve haf a zimilar zing in Germany.  It is very peculiar that two places zo far apart as Africa and here should haf it, und yet za two tribes on za same planet do not have it.  Za tribe ve discovered vere ready to rob za tribe here.  (shakes head sadly)


PNS:Yes, very peculiar indeed.  Thank you Dr. Vogel.  Stay tuned for our next exciting interview next week.  Same bat time, same bat channel.  

No comments: